Visa Extension Attorney, Van Nuys

Visa Extensions

Whether you are dealing with a sick relative or need to extend a student visa, it is essential to work with an experienced visa extension attorney in Van Nuys to help you through the process. The best course of action would be to apply for an extension or change of your present non-immigrant status if you are currently in the US with a visa that is about to expire but wish to stay for a longer period of time due to personal or global circumstances. Even if you stay for a single day and then depart the country, your stay will be deemed illegal if you stay in the US longer than is permitted without first requesting an extension. If this happens, you will be prohibited from returning to the US, however, if you are still present in the country and have not yet applied for an extension or change of status, you will be forcibly expelled (deported) from it.

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services advises that you apply for a stay extension at least 45 days before the end of your current approved stay.

You may apply to extend your stay if:

  • You entered the country legally after receiving a non-immigrant visa
  • Your non-immigrant visa status is still valid
  • You have not committed any offenses that exclude you from receiving a visa
  • You have not violated the conditions of your admission
  • Your passport is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your stay
Visa Extension Attorney
Secure Timely Extensions With Our Lawyer For Visa Extension

At the Law Offices of Hussain & Gutierrez, we have a wealth of experience helping people in a wide range of immigration matters, including visa extensions. We can help you understand your options and walk you through the entire process. 

“As an experienced attorney, I understand the complications involved in the visa extension process. As an immigrant who came to the US and as a student who needed to go through this process myself, I understand the personal challenges that you are facing. I am here to make the process simpler for you and to help you obtain your immigration goals.” Give us a call today at 888-997-3701 to discuss your unique circumstances in a no-cost consultation.

Eligibility for a Visitor Visa Extension

You may not apply to extend your stay if you were admitted to the United States in the following visa categories:
(VWPP) – Visa Waiver Pilot Program

  • D – As a crewman
  • C – As an alien in transit or in transit without a visa
  • K – As a fiancé of a US citizen or dependent of a fiancé
  • S – As an informant (and accompanying family) on terrorism or organized crime

For the following categories of nonimmigrants, your employer should carefully read and file a Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker and any supporting documentation:

  • E – International Traders and Investors
  • H – Temporary Workers
  • L – Intracompany Transferees
  • O-1– Aliens of Extraordinary Ability
  • P – Entertainers and Athletes
  • Q – Participants in International Exchange Programs
  • R – Religious Workers
  • TN – Canadians and Mexicans Under NAFTA

If you are in the following nonimmigrant categories, you should carefully read and complete an Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status and submit any required supporting documents:

  • A – Diplomatic and other government officials, and their families and employees
  • B – Temporary visitors for business or pleasure
  • F – Academic Students and their families
  • G – Representatives to international organizations and their families and employees
  • I – Representatives of foreign media and their families
  • J – Exchange Visitors and their families
  • M – Vocational Students and their families
  • N – Parents and children of the people who have been granted special immigrant status because their parents were employed by an international organization in the United States

Visitor Visa Extension for Parents, Spouses and Children

Your parents, spouse and children must carefully read, complete, and submit an application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status along with any necessary supporting documentation if your employer files a Petition for Alien Worker on your behalf. It is recommended to turn in both forms at once. If you are applying for your own extension and fall under the same nonimmigrant category as your spouse, you may also add any unmarried children under the age of 21 in your application. If your spouse or kids were granted derivative nonimmigrant status, you may also include them in your application.

As a result of your nonimmigrant status, your spouse and kids have nonimmigrant visas. For instance, the spouse and child will receive F-2 "Spouse and Child of an Academic Student" visas if the student is granted an F-1 "Academic Student" visa.

Visa Extension vs Visa Revalidation

Revalidation of a visa is different from visa extensions. When a non-immigrant wants to leave the country for a brief length of time, a visa revalidation is essentially a process for reinstating a visa. Revalidations of visas allow some non-immigrants to return to the United States after traveling to Canada or Mexico without initially needing to apply for a brand-new visa. The visit must last no longer than 30 days. Only specific non-immigrant categories and under specific conditions are eligible for revalidation.

How long can you stay after applying for a visa extension?

You have a maximum of 240 extra days after receiving a case number for your I-539 visitor visa extension application. But after the USCIS reaches a determination about your case, your new departure date will be determined if authorized. If rejected, you have 30 days to depart the United States. If you stay after this date, you will be deemed deportable and may encounter unpleasant circumstances with the authorities.

Immigration Law Firm Van Nuys

Attorney For Visa Extensions Offering Comprehensive Advice On Every Step Of The Way

Any queries you have with a non-immigrant visa extension must be discussed with a lawyer for visa extension in Van Nuys. A crucial aspect of your stay in the US is getting a visa extension. Your application may be rejected if you don’t adhere to the necessary application requirements. Your lawyer can guide you through the application process, help you fill out any paperwork, and inform you of the laws that apply to your non-immigrant status visa. We at the Law Offices of Hussain & Gutierrez are ready to successfully prepare and submit your application package to the USCIS, with the best lawyer for visa extension for any types of visas including visitor visa extension and B1 B2 visa extension.

Top Immigration Law Firms In Van Nuys

Have a question about visa extension in the USA? Ask away!

You will get a formal decision by mail outlining the grounds for the denial if your extension application is rejected. For the denial of a stay extension, there is no official means to appeal to the USCIS.

No. It is not necessary for you to wait till your present visa expires. Even if your present visa is still valid, you can apply for a new one.

There are limitations.  Usually, you’ll get an extension for the time period you want and justify. However, you can only request an extension for a maximum of six months. The number of times you can apply for a guest visa extension is also limited.

No. When the petition for extension is submitted to USCIS, the foreign national must be present in the country. After that, travel is permitted with advance preparation. The foreign national must re-enter the United States using the new Approval Notice if the extension is approved while they are already out of the country.

Often, yes. A US visitor/business (B-1 or B-2) visa renewal is often a simple procedure. If a person meets certain requirements, they might not even require an interview at the American embassy or consulate in their nation. Nevertheless, there is no assurance that your visa will be extended.

Line speed and safety in the poultry processing industry

One industry that can see some fairly severe workplace injuries is the poultry processing industry. So, a poultry worker’s life can be greatly impacted when they are subjected to an…

Can workplace noise have psychological consequences?

As you are aware, loud noises can damage your hearing, as well as cause other physical problems, such as tinnitus and migraines. However, you and other Californians may not realize…

How can a brain injury affect your life?

When California workers like you suffer from brain injuries while on the job, we at the Law Offices of Hussain & Gutierrez provide you with what you need to know to gain…