Nonimmigrant Visas Lawyer

At the Law Offices of Hussain & Gutierrez in San Fernando Valley, California, many clients come to us for advice regarding nonimmigrant visas. Whether you are an employer looking to bring skilled workers to the U.S., or an individual seeking to begin work here, we will advise you as to which visa best fits your needs, and we will guide you through the entire application process. An immigrant himself, attorney Fakhrudeen Hussain has a keen understanding of the U.S. immigration process and what you are personally experiencing. We invite you to call 888-997-3701 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation for all your nonimmigrant visa needs.

F-1 OPT Visas

Students who have completed their associate, bachelor’s or master’s degree may apply for optional practical training visas that allow them to stay in the U.S. to work in their field for one year. STEM graduates (graduates of science, technology, engineering and mathematics) may be eligible to stay and work for 17 more months. This means STEM graduates can extend their stay in the United States for up to 29 months after graduation. To qualify for an optional practical training (OPT) visa, another type of nonimmigrant visa, you must apply no later than 60 days before graduating. Once we have helped you obtain an OPT visa, students are allowed 90 days to obtain a job in the field they graduated from. Once they have found a suitable employer, we can help you work with them to petition for an H1-B visa.

H-1B Specialty Occupation Visas, Cap Gap

Many of our clients are already living in the U.S. with a student visa and want to convert their immigration status by applying for an H1-B employment visa. Others are accountants, computer analysts, engineers, scientists, architects or other professionals seeking to enter the United States to engage in a specialty occupation. Whatever your current situation, we invite you to schedule a free consultation about this type of nonimmigrant visa. We will answer any questions you may have and help you prepare and apply for an H-1B visa. You will need extensive documentation for your application, and we will guide you through the preparation process. Employers are often hesitant to provide the sensitive information you need to apply for an H-1B visa. We will work directly with your employer to maintain confidentiality. Contact us to discuss your H-1B visa with an experienced immigration lawyer. Under the Cap Gap extension, students whose OPT visa is ending may stay in the U.S. and continue working while their H-1B visa is pending or until their approved H-1B visa begins.

L Transfer Visas

We have extensive experience helping small businesses start subsidiaries and branches in the U.S. If you would like to bring your established organization to the U.S., we will help you obtain L-1A intracompany transferee executive visas and L-1B intracompany transferee skilled worker visas.

E Treaty Visas

If you would like to start a business in the U.S. but do not already have an established company abroad, you may qualify for an E-1 treaty trader visa or an E-2 treaty investor visa.

P And O Visas (Individual And Group Performer Visas)

Singers, actors, artists, athletes and other performers also need visas to visit the U.S. We will help you understand the difference between O visas and P visas. The application process can be complicated, but we will explain everything and help you understand how to obtain the visa you need.

Schedule A Free Consultation With An Experienced Immigration Lawyer

At the Law Offices of Hussain & Gutierrez, our attorney has personally gone through the U.S. immigration and citizenship application process. We understand your concerns and will work hard to answer any questions you may have. Call our office or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. We are available to answer your questions, and we return phone calls as quickly as possible. Our office in Van Nuys is open between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. We speak Spanish, Sinhala, Tamil, Gujarati, Hindi and Urdu. Se habla español.