Adjustment Of Status 245i

At the Law Offices of Hussain & Gutierrez, we are here to answer all your questions about whether you qualify to adjust your immigration status using the 245(i) Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Our office is conveniently located in San Fernando Valley, California, and we are here to help people throughout the United States and all over the world with their immigration needs, including using the 245(i) and obtaining a green card without you leaving the United States, and eventually obtaining citizenship. Our attorney, Fakhrudeen Hussain, is an immigrant himself. He understands the confusion and emotions people feel when trying to sort out immigration matters. Call 818-997-3701 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. We are here to help you with all of your immigration questions, issues and applications.

Who Can Qualify For An Adjustment Of Status Using The 245(i) Amendment?

In order to apply for a 245(i) adjustment of status petition, you must satisfy the following conditions:
  • You are a nonimmigrant (alien) who is out of status, entered the United States without proper inspection, or violated the terms of a nonimmigrant visa.
  • You must have entered the United States before April 30, 2001 but must have continually maintained a presence in America up to and on December 21, 2000 when the bill was signed into law. We can help you prove you were physically present in this country by recovering relevant documentation such as bills or paycheck stubs in your name consistently mailed to an address here, rental agreements or school records for a minor child.
  • Someone, such as a family member or employer, must have filed an immigration petition on your behalf before April 30, 2001. If your application was made after January 15, 1998, you must prove that you were physically present in the United States on December 21, 2000, when the bill was signed.
We will help you determine if you meet these conditions and gather the proper evidence to prove that you deserve the adjustment of status under 245(i). Once we have done this, we will help you apply for a green card and we will also help you with all the steps to become a citizen. It is important to note that if no one applied on your behalf for immigration status before April 30, 2001, you will be required to return to your home country and make your application from there. This is why it is so important to have an experienced immigration lawyer on your side who can help you determine if you qualify under 245(i), and who can also help you return here if you do not.

Call our office or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.

We are available to answer your questions, and we return phone calls as quickly as possible. Our office in Van Nuys is open between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.