Attorney Image


  1. Home
  2.  » Getting Your Questions Answered

Getting Your Questions Answered

If you get hurt at work, you may not know what to do or where to turn. This can be an especially confusing time if your immigration status is documented, because you may not be sure of your rights.

At Hussain & Gutierrez, we are here to help you understand your rights and put them into action. Give us a call today to discuss your specific situation in a free consultation. From our office in Van Nuys, we serve clients throughout the Los Angeles area.

Can you appeal a denied claim?

Absolutely. Workers’ compensation insurance companies often deny claims initially. But a determined attorney can help you challenge a denied claim.

What should you do after suffering an injury or work-related illness?

There are some basic actions needed after getting hurt. Getting prompt, competent medical attention is key. It is also important to report the injury to your employer.

What if your immigration status is undocumented? Can you still get workers’ comp?

Generally, yes. Undocumented workers are eligible for workers’ comp benefits.

What if you are not sure whether you are a contractor or an employee who is eligible for workers’ comp coverage?

This can be a tricky issue in the law. Employees are generally eligible for workers’ comp, but contractors are not. Talk with an attorney who can explain your rights and options.

Take Action To Assert Your Rights

You can call us for a free consultation with an experienced California lawyer at 888-997-3701. Or, if you prefer, complete the online form.

We speak Spanish, Sinhala, Tamil, Gujarati, Hindi and Urdu.

Se habla español.